Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This boy can sing....




What can I say???....this boy can sing!! We just got back from Region Solo and Ensemble and listening to Branden and his friend Ben sing. All I can say is WOW!! I don't get very many opportunities to just hear Branden sing. He's a baritone but you should hear him sing the tenor parts. Such a pure tone and so clear. OK I know I'm the mom but he really can sing.

So since it was Solo and Ensemble they were adjudicated. To be able to go on to State Solo and Ensemble you have to earn a 1. The very much sought after 1. Well guess what??? My son came home very ecstatic with his judging sheet in hand saying..."We're going to STATE!!...we got a 1!!!" There are only eight numbers from the school going to state and Branden and Ben are one of them. I'm so proud of him for this accomplishment. This is his first time doing solo and ensemble and as a proud mom I must say he did a great job. Maybe someday you'll all get to hear him sing and see what I mean.

Great job Branden....I love you!!

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Wow that is really fantastic. You should record a video sometime and post it online! Then we can all see and hear him. :) Hope you are doing better.

Jeanne said...

That is great! You can be a proud mom!

proud mom! said...

Fantastic Branden. You should tryout for American Idol. Yes mom, you can be very proud.

Kate said...

Awesome. I just love boys/men that can sing. I hope you are doing great.

Wendy said...

Tell Branden Congrats. I will be at state with Blaine and would love to hear him sing. Let me know when and where if you can.