Thursday, August 14, 2008

Long time no post......


Wow I was looking at my blog and didn't realize how long it had been since my last post. I guess life got a little busier since my trip to Vegas and now some updates are in order. First the Vegas trip...Talise and I had a blast. Aside from the normal heat of Vegas it was a fun week. We got there on a Sun. to register for the pageant and check into the hotel. Then Talise and I headed to the pool. I think she spent at least an hour a day in the pool the week that we were there and any moment in between that she could. Monday was orientation and interview with a welcome banquet that night. The next day was talent day and Talise did great. She had been working very hard to do her round-off back handspring on the stage. She did it at the state pageant just fine but the one she did at Internationals was huge. She had such confidence in all her tumbling which is a big deal to take it from a cushioned spring floor to a hard wood stage. That night we had a souvineer party where all the contestants get a souvineer bag full of gifts from the other contestants. Wed. was partywear day where all the girls have to model partywear. Talise just beamed. On Wed. we had the Cindy Fair lunch and the Prince Gilbery party. We also had a party for our state that night that was a blast. We have some pretty crazy girls in our state and we just love them. Thurs. was casual wear day with all the girls modeling casual wear. The party that night was a 70's party complete with a disco ball. It was a lot of fun and the girls looked great in their 70's outfits. Fri. was Grand Finals day where they announce the top 10 and top 5 in each age division and then crown the overall winners. It was such an exciting time to have 3 girls from Utah make the top 5 and for one of them to win the overall Miss title. That night was the awards banquet where we had a good friend of ours win the International Tot Personality title. It was such a fun week and we look forward to it again next year.

There will be pictures coming when I'm on a different computer that actually has the pictures.....

4 comments:

Kate said...

I am so glad that you are back blogging. I have been checking and checking. We saw Kaitlyn at the Labor Day Parade. She looked great.

Sherrie said...

Lori Hi! This is Sherrie McCray. Got your blog from Kathy Glad's site and thought I would stop in and say Hi! Shellise and Kaitlyn still keep in touch and I am very happy about that. I hope you are doing well. I miss Cedar City a bunch, but things are going well for me too. Check out my blog for updates. Let's keep in touch ok?

proud mom! said...

It is about time girl....Congrats on the new car. I want pics.

QueenV said...

I MISS YOU LORI!