Sunday, September 7, 2008

New and exciting things.....

So now that I'm back in the world of blogging I better keep it up better. I've had a couple of exciting things happen this past month and just as recently as yesterday....the biggest news is that I finally got a full time teaching position. When I was ready to be done with it and figured I was never going to be a full time teacher it happened. There is a new charter school here in Cedar City and I had applied but had not heard anything. So on Aug. 13th I had an interview with the principal of Gateway Preparatory Academy. The interview lasted approx. 15 min and I was hired. What a whirlwind experience that was.....I then had to call the Iron County School District and cancel two other interviews I had for that day for part time positions.....what a wonderful feeling that was. I then went home to arrange things for my kids and went back for a training that day. To say that life change a lot on that day would be an understatement to say the least. Thus began the roller coaster ride that I'm currently on, and as stressful as it is I don't want to get off.

The other exciting thing that happened just happened yesterday.....we got another car. I bought a 2002 Saturn SL2. With my new job mom's taxi sort of had problems. I don't get finished with work until 3:30 but Kaitlyn and Branden are finished at 2:40. Then with all the activities the kids do I realized that for it to all work Branden was going to have to do some driving. Plus the fact that they don't like to sit at school for sometimes an hour and a half waiting for me when they could be home doing things like eating and chatting with friends.....LOL!!! OK so they do do homework too so they can go to bed early enough at night to get up at 4:30am. So now we have a charcoal gray Saturn that I now have to teach Branden to drive. Yes it's a 5 speed!!! Wish me luck everyone as I take on this latest lesson in life.....I'll let you all know how it goes and will post pictures when I have some.....

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Congratulations on the new job and the new car! Both huge things to be excited about!!!

Kate said...

I am so excited for you with the new job. You will do great. The first year they say is the hardest. Next fall is when I will finish up with student teaching.