Thursday, September 11, 2008

School and illness.....

Wow what a roller coaster ride we're all on....starting a new job at a new school with a new curriculum is not easy. In fact it demands more time in a day than there are hours....(if any of you know a productive way to work in your sleep please let me in on the secret). This coupled with the fact that I have 4 very active kids that go every which way after school and I'm the only parent home makes life interesting too. Even with the new car I still find myself having to do a lot of driving especially since Branden got a part in the school production of Roger and Hammerstein's Cinderella. He now has rehearsals every day after school until 5. There went my grand idea of not having to do all the running around.....!!

So also with a new school you get new germs to deal with.....can you say "We're all getting sick". We have had a lot of sick kids and teachers over the past couple of weeks and now it has landed at my house. Talise hasn't been feeling very good but I just chalked it up to allergies, asthma and lack of sleep. On Monday after school she was complaining of a bad headache but being the mean mom that I am I made her go to gymnastics anyway. She was doing fine (well sorta) until I got there and then she lost it. Here were the tears and the take me home I don't feel good.....so I took her home and that night she was burning up. We stayed home from school on Tues and Tues night she spiked up to 102.8 which for her is very high. I took her to the doctor yesterday and the diagnoses......pneumonia!!! So I just won the bad mom award for making her go to gym on Monday, but then redeemed myself by taking her to the doctor and getting her a little porcelin doll at the hospital gift shop after her x-rays. She'll have to stay home the rest of the week but by Monday should be good to go again. So for now I'm working from home and helping other teachers on my team get their paperwork caught up....

School and illness.....they go hand in hand.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love the look of your blog. It is true when you start new schools or go back to school everyone starts to get sick. Hope everyone gets better soon.