Sunday, October 12, 2008

Time for Myself....

I finally did it....I took some much needed time for myself. On Saturday I went with a friend to get a pedicure. It felt so good to soak my poor tired feet and give them some much needed pampering. It was strange though to go out into the very cold weather in those little flip-flops after. LOL!! After that I went to watch Kaitlyn and the Talons perform at the half-time of the SUU Women's soccer game. Those poor girls froze to death but didn't let it show while they were dancing. They're such troopers!!! So after the game Kaitlyn and I went to get our hair done. She got a much needed and overdue trim and I had my hair colored and got rid of the gaggy highlights I had. They didn't look gaggy a few months ago....just lately, and with my new work schedule time for me is way at the bottom. I also got an inch whacked off my hair and it looks and feels so much better. Even Branden likes it....he says it makes my eyes pop. To hear such a compliment from my 16 year old son is quite a thing so it must look good.

Later this week I'll be heading up to Sandy for the UEA convention. I'm really excited to go and to learn some new things and network with other teachers. This I'm also doing by myself so I can hopefully re-charge my battery to be a better mom for my kids and a better teacher for my students. I don't take time for myself very often as I always feel guilty for leaving my kids.....anyone else out there suffer from that problem? But I have found on the few occasions lately that I have had time for me I am a much better mom and human. This will be a good weekend away and I'm excited to have the time I need to get my thoughts and lessons in order for the next term of school. It's very hard to think in a very busy household. Can they have UEA once a month??? LOL!!!

So I'll have to let you all know what I learn and the fun free things I get from the convention. I'm just glad the weather is supposed to warm back up so I don't have to deal with snow while I'm gone.

TTFN!!!

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

It's about time! I'm glad you took some time out for you. We all need that often, yes, so we can be better parents but also just so we can get back into touch with ourselves. Sometimes we get lost.. at least I know I have in the past. I'm glad you are doing well. Miss you!

Kate said...

I am so glad that you are taking time for just you!!!! Let me know if there is anything real cool or great that you bring back or get ideas from UEA. Most of all have a good time.

Shannon said...

Hey there girl!! Good to hear from you- when I have more time I will sit down and blog you more! Hope all is well- I have thought of you from time to time so just so you know- you have not been forgotten

QueenV said...

Oh Lori Time for Yourself! how Wonderful!!! good For you Girl!!