Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grapes, songbook, and other things I can't find....

So do you ever have those days that you're totally, 100% sure that you know where something is and then you can't find it? Well that's how this week and these past couple of days have been. It started out with grapes. Now that may sound really silly to most people that I would be baffled by missing grapes but I was. I knew I had bought them and brought them home, but do you think I could find them? Heck no!! The problem arises in the fact that when I go grocery shopping then get home I have the kids put everything away. Well apparently it was Jacob that did most of the putting away and he put the grapes away. Of course I forgot this and didn't think to ask anyone if they knew where they were. So I kept trying to figure out where the grapes were. I even almost went as far as calling Curtis to see if he had taken them out on the road with him. (He does do that sometimes...takes food with him out on the truck and doesn't tell me.) So here I was wondering where the grapes were. Well guess what? I found them. They were in the back part of the fridge under the deli drawer and were hidden from plain site.

Next comes the Primary songbook I was looking for. I haven't had to use it for quite some time so I haven't worried about it. Well wouldn't you know it I needed it for today in Relief Society and couldn't find it. The last place that I thought I saw it was in the girls' room but it wasn't there. Curtis said "I've seen it but can't remember where". That's exactly how I felt. Well when I was to the point that I figured I wouldn't have it and would just have to borrow one I found it. Then to top it off I didn't even use it today but at least I have it now....LOL!!

So I'm sure we've all had moments like this but I think I have them everyday. Could it be because I'm one of the most unorganized people in the world? Or could it be the fact that I have ADD or is it just that I'm getting older and don't want to admit it? Well whatever the reason I persevered until I found what I was looking for and solved the mysteries. And as the saying goes..."Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most". Maybe I'll find it someday too....

3 comments:

Kate said...

I hate it when I lose things and that seems like every time I need something it happens to be added to the lost list of items.
Thanks for the comments on my blog. I am surprised that you found my blog. I have just started blogging lately too so we can goof around together.
We found one of our natural gas cars online. They are kind of hard to find now but you can look for cng cars or natural gas cars. One other possibility is there are mechanics that will convert the vehicle you have to natural gas. The cost varies between 5,000 and 13,000 dollars depending on who does it. Any way try looking online, the guy we bought one of them from was out of Arizona and he sells them quite a lot. Keep in touch.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

LORI!!! Hey is stephanie! I found you on Kathys blog!! Stop by and see how big the kids have gotten! Take care

Unknown said...

What!?!?!? You misplaced something? I can't believe it!!!You did a great job with this blog. I can't wait to read more of them!!! :-)