Sunday, June 29, 2008

Time for Talise.....

Talise is such an awesome kid!!! She's 10 and looks more like she's 8. At least that's what most people think when they first meet her. She's just really petite and small. Actually Jacob is only 1/2 an inch shorter than her and he's 1/2 a pound heavier and has a bigger foot and he's 8. She'll be going into 5th grade but a lot of people ask her if she's going into 3rd. All you need to do though is talk to her and you'll find that she's growing into a very mature little girl. We just keep telling her that it's good she's little for gymnastics.

Speaking of gymnastics Talise accomplished her goal of making it onto the club team at gym. She's now a Level 5 gymnast and will start competing this fall if all her hard work pays off. If not she'll be competing in the spring season for sure. I'm amazed at the progress she's made and continues to make in the gym and in life.

At this year's Utah State Cinderella Pageant she won Mini-Miss Talent. She had worked so hard on her talent to be able to do her round-off back handspring on the hard stage. She's so used to tumbling on the floor at gym that it was a little intimidating to do it on a hard surface. I have to say that I don't blame her. I knew however that she could do it because she does it so well at gym. I wouldn't ask her to do something that I wasn't 100% sure she could do. She just had to make up her mind to do it. Once she did that she was amazing. If I can figure out how to put a video on here I'll put her dance on here. Maybe that's something for tomorrow.

Talise continues to make my heart smile everyday. She seems to always know just what I need and when I need it. She is definitely a mini me as you can see in this picture of me when I was 5.
I know you shouldn't have a "favorite" with your kids but if I had to choose......for those of you that know her you know there is just something about her that sets her apart and makes her sparkle.

Until next time.......

3 comments:

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

wow! She really is a mini Lori!! :) just like Jonathan is mIni Jake! HAHAH i was the same way growing up and still kinda am.. i look way younger than i am. Hey what happened to Angela peterson. We drove to get more stuff out of our house in Cedar and their house was up for rent... Take care and trust me we will keep ourselves updated on the blog!

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

He is interviewing for jobs starting in September. I will finally get to be the stay at home mom that i want to be! I thought us moving to st george i would get to stay home but we had a reality check :) I am working part time at the hospital. So wish us luck in finding the right travel job

Unknown said...

She sure looks like you, Lori Ann!!! I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I can't believe how fast the kids have grown up.

Take care!!!