Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My dancing doll.....



Kaitlyn Hillary Mosley....she's my dancer....and soccer player....violin player, and wants to be a photographer. Kaitlyn will turn 14 at the end of August and start her freshman year at Canyon View High School, where she'll be a member of the drill team. She'll be a Talon!!! I think after the past couple of weeks though she's wondering what she got herself into. It's kicking her butt!! But you know I think it would kick anyone's. These girls work hard...probably harder than the football team...sorry guys!!! Through the rest of the summer she has to be at practice Mon-Fri at 7am. They've had two Saturday practices with one lasting 9 HOURS!!!! They've ran stairs, lifted weights, and have done more kicks than I can keep track of. As a matter of fact today they did kicks with ankle weights. So if anyone out there thinks that these girls aren't athletes....THINK AGAIN!!! Even though Kaitlyn has been dancing since the age of 3 this is tough work.

Kaitlyn had another great opportunity in May when she went to Washington D.C., Philadelphia, and New York. She was able to do this through an educational tour with her Honor Core class at Canyon View Middle School. They were gone for 8 days that were jam packed with touring and other activities. They visited all the monuments in D.C., visited Amish country in Philadelphia, and saw Phantom of the Opera on Broadway and even went to a Mets game. It was the first time she's been away from home that long on her own. Usually I've gone with her on field trips and the such but with the cost involved I stayed home and sent her alone. But guess what??....she survived and so did I...LOL!!! Here are a few pics from her trip....
























So from this small glimpse of pictures you can see that she saw a lot. I was truly jealous when she would send pictures to me, and then when we loaded them onto the computer I really wished I had of gone with her. She has memories to last a lifetime and I don't know that it's something she'll do again until she's on her own or married.

Kaitlyn continues to amaze me with the things she can do and the accomplishments she makes. She maintained a 3.9 GPA through all her activities in school and church, was on the Honor Society both years she was in the middle school and was a member of GYC. She plans on doing the same in high school and with this kid it will happen.

Stay tuned for an update on Branden next....

2 comments:

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

What a trooper!! Good for her! She is a good kid!! Enjoy it!! HAHA Take care

Kate said...

We think that Kaitlyn is great. Angela just loves her. We missed her at girl's camp. I love your new background on your blog. Give me a call or email and let me know where you found it.