Monday, July 7, 2008

The leader of the pack....


Branden is my guitar playing, music loving, song singing, video game master, wonderful teenage son. He's 16 and will turn 17 in Nov. When he was younger I wondered if I would ever live through the Branden experience, but as he grew I knew he would be an awesome teenager. I had a lot of people tell me, "Oh just wait till he's a teen." I don't know what I was supposed to be waiting for but if it was for him to be a very kind and generous young man then I guess I'm done waiting. I don't want him to ever leave but I know that's not what he wants.

Branden will be a Junior this year at Canyon View High School and is already developing the attitude of the protector for his younger sister Kaitlyn who will be a Freshman. I feel sorry for any boy that may like her as they're going to have to get through Branden first. Branden will be in two choirs this year, Volume Men and Accapella. He has an awesome voice and I really wish he would share it more but we do get to hear a solo now and then at his concerts so that works for me. His other great love is playing the guitar. He's been playing for 4 years now and is quite good. He's even taken to writing some of his own music.


I should also mention that he passed his driving test on the first try and will get his license on the 22nd of this month. So watch out everyone Branden will be driving the streets of Cedar City. He also has a job doing yard work and such for a friend of ours and has decided that manual labor is not something he wants to do all his life. I suspect that when he's done with the work there that he'll be finding a "regular" job as he puts it. But at least he gets up every morning and gets out there and does it. He really is an wonderful kid and if you don't believe me just take some time to get to know him.

So for now that's it....till next time....

3 comments:

Kate said...

We are so lucky to have great kids. My boys also like Brandon. He is quiet but a great kid.

Kate said...

My boys think Brandon is a great kid. He is quiet but great when you get to know him. We are so lucky to have great kids.

Lara Neves said...

Hi Lori! Thanks for coming by my blog...and thanks for the link.

It has been fun to read about your kids! They are great kids! :)