Thursday, July 3, 2008

He never ceases to make me laugh...

OK so remember how I said Jacob has a really good sense of humor and is just an all around cute kid?? Well in case I didn't I just did...LOL!! This boy really makes me smile. Apparently the other day as he was playing a video game he was reciting the Articles of Faith that he knows. Branden was in there with him and said, "Mom you should have heard what Jacob said". So of course I had to ask him...Branden told me that when Jacob was saying the second Article of Faith he said..."We believe that men should be punished for their own sins and not for Adam's 'conversation'."

The other thing that made me laugh was tonight while we were at dinner....we went to Rusty's to have a celebration of sorts for Branden passing his driving test on the first try, and for the fact that we've done absolutely nothing spectacular in the past 7 months. So while we were at dinner Jacob proceeds to take his cloth napkin and open it up on the table, lay out his silverware on it, put his bread plate on it, and his water cup. I told him that it wasn't a placemat but his napkin. He looked at me completely serious and said, "Well Mom how did I know...I've never been to this place before". Which is true he hasn't but he truly enjoyed it and once again he put a smile on my face.

The other thing we did was buy what we're calling a "box of fun" for the 4th tomorrow. It should be pretty fun to watch things explode. So everyone have a safe and fun 4th of July and remember the reason that we celebrate this day and the freedoms that we enjoy...

No comments: