Friday, June 20, 2008

What can I say about Jacob??













What can I say about Jacob? He has to have the most zeal and excitement for life and an undying curiosity about EVERYTHING!!! I don't think a day goes by that he's not trying to figure out something new or trying to conquer a new skill. He is always ready with a smile, and a hug and kiss for me at just the right times. He loves to be with his friends and is just as happy to hang out with his family. I still say though that if he had of been born first he would've been an only child. But I wouldn't change one thing about him.


Jacob turned 8 this year and the major highlights for him of course were to be baptized and to start Cub Scouts. He couldn't wait to get his very own set of scriptures when he was baptized. It is our family tradition to give the kids their own set of scriptures when they get baptized, and with him being the youngest he just couldn't wait. We had him pretty fooled too when we told him that we forgot to get them.....but that didn't last long when he pulled them out of this gift bag....They were his favorite gift!! He was really cute too when he was mentally preparing himself for the "big day". When he would take a bath he would "practice" being baptized and would hold his breath as long as he could under the water. I'm not sure how long he thought he would be under the water but he was prepared for it.


The other thing I love about Jacob is his sense of humor. I think he'll be a comedian when he grows up and if not he will be the life of the party. But not until he gets to know you of course. He's kind of shy at first but just wait a bit and you'll see his true personality come out. He's always ready with a joke or a funny act. I think the funniest thing about him is when he sings in the bathroom....it's not so bad at home but when he does it in a public restroom I think it's hilarious. Of course Branden doesn't when he has to go in to get him and he's singing at the top of his lungs. Branden being 16 thinks it's the most embarrassing thing in the world. I just look at it as a cute 8 year old boy that just likes to sing.....LOL!!

Jacob is my hero. He loves unconditionally and has the most tender heart. I'm sure he'll succeed at whatever endeavor comes his way. I love you Jacob!!!

No comments: