Thursday, June 19, 2008

Random thoughts for my first blog...


So here I am starting my first blog. I'm not really sure where to begin at 11:17pm when I can barely keep my eyes open. The past six months have been an experience to say the least and ones that I don't know how I've made it through. Curtis bought his own truck in January. When I say he bought his own truck I mean his own big rig making him an owner operator. For those of you that know me you know I haven't been happy about this from the get-go. But what's done is done and now I have to find a way to live with it and make everything work. So here I am 6 months later still trying to figure out how to do that. Donations will gladly be accepted....LOL!! I've learned to be a creative cook when our food selections weren't what we were used to, learned to juggle bills when I didn't know where the money was going to come from to pay them, and have found ways to have fun with my children that don't have a cost attached to them. I'm still not happy with the whole truck thing and am secretly hoping that he will just give it back and become a regular driver again with a steady paycheck and health insurance.

On the upside of things....Branden will be getting his driver's license soon, Kaitlyn will be starting drill team practices for the summer on Sat. (she made Talon's for those of you that don't know), Talise made it onto the Club team at gymnastics as a level 5 gymnast, and Jacob started Cub Scouts and has earned his Bobcat and a couple of other awards. My kids are my life and they're the ones that keep me going when I want to just stop and vanish from the world. The Lord sure knew what he was doing when he gave me these four great kids.

Well I think this is enough for my first post and I will add more tomorrow....hopefully this will be a way for friends and family to keep up on our goings ons and a way for me to let you all know about our joys as well as our not so happy times. Here's to future blogs......

No comments: