Sunday, November 30, 2008

BRANDEN IS 17!!!!!!

OK so I'm a little slow on this one too but hey if you read the previous post you know why....anyway let me tell you about the fun I had on Branden's birthday.

Branden turned 17 on November 7th. Being the teenager that he is he wanted to hang out with his friends, go to dinner and then to Off the Cuff at The Grind. For those of you that don't live in Cedar City, Off the Cuff is an improv show every Friday night. It is a family oriented show despite it's late starting time of 10pm. I have yet to go because for some reason I like to sleep at that time of night. But one of these Fridays I am going to go. Because of this lack of wanting to hang with his wonderful mom I had to do something. So I had a great idea and it ended up involving his girlfriend and her family too.

Branden had play rehearsal the night of his birthday so while he was occupied for a few hours we had some fun. I went and bought window chalk and a bunch of balloons.....can you tell where this is going??? So with the help of my kids, Branden's girlfriend and her family we decorated the van and filled it with balloons. But here's the kicker.....I had his girlfriend get his keys earlier in the day and we put them in a balloon. He also needed money for dinner so I got 40 one dollar bills and we put one dollar in forty different balloons.....so if you're staying with me on this he had to pop all the balloons to find his keys and all the dollar bills for dinner.

Earlier in the day I had asked Branden what time rehearsal was going to be over and he assured me it would be over at 7pm so i figured we had lots of time. We met at the parking lot at 6pm figuring we had plenty of time. So as we're decorating we kept checking the time. Well we were pretty much done at 6:30 but wanted to do some final touches on the windows and we look over and see kids coming out of the school. I told his girlfriend to hurry and go head him off while we all moved our cars across the street to watch the reaction. And what a reaction it was.....he was SHOCKED!!! It was the best thing I think I could've done for him. He was estatic. We all ran across the street and took pictures and then told him where his keys and money were and the popping began.....check out the pictures....they say it all.
















OK so after the balloon thing Branden and his friends took off and did their thing. But Branden didn't know that we were all invited over to his girlfriends house for cake. So the second surprise of the night happened. This brings us to the "cake" photos.....







HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDEN!!!! I love you very much and hope you enjoyed your day!!!

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Wow! Now that sounds like a very fun thing to do for a teenage birthday boy. I may have to remember that one. What a terrific mom you are with a terrific idea! I'm glad to also see you finally added something to your blog... :) I've been missing you! Hope to see more blogging from you in the future.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Talise and Branden! Looks like BOTH days were lots of fun.
And, it's about time you updated your blog, you slacker ;)

Hope your Thanksgiving was good :)

~Robin

Judi said...

Fun, Fun!!!! I remember when he was born. Has time gone by that fast? It sounds like he had a lot of fun.

proud mom! said...

wow!!! 17 year old in the house, boy are you old....LOL. Happy birthday to both. I am glad that I talked you into updating your blog...apparently so is everyone else....Love Ya!!!!

Kate said...

Looks like he was pretty excited. That is a great idea. I bet you can't believe that he is 17.