Monday, November 3, 2008

Exciting news....

The best and most exciting news came today when Kaitlyn told me that Erik Bettridge opened his eyes!!! Erik was in a very serious motorcycle accident a little over a week ago and had to be life flighted up to Primary Children's Hospital. He's been heavily sedated since then to keep him from moving and causing more trauma to the brain. I've been IM'ing with his mom and my friend Sandi whenever I get a chance but mostly keeping tabs on him through his care page online. You can read the updates at http://www.carepages.com/carepages/Erikspace Sandi is using this to keep everyone updated on his condition and you can leave messages there for Sandi, Keith and Erik. Everyone should check it out when you have the chance. Please keep them in your prayers as Erik has a very long way to go and is not out of the woods yet.

On a different note work is getting better. We've had some changes that I think are going to be for the best and I'm looking forward again to a great year. Each day brings new challenges but I'm ready to face them again. It's amazing what people can do for each other when they want to and I've really found out who I can count on when I need to.

So that's it for now....I'll post pictures from Talise's birthday and Halloween when I have a chance. Till next time....TTFN!!!

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Oh, I 'm so glad to hear that about Erik. Such a scary situation for them.

Kate said...

Thanks for letting us know about Erik. I am so glad and hope he continues to get better.