Saturday, February 7, 2009

This is for Sherrie......

OK so Sherrie leaves me comments on my Facebook page letting me know when I'm getting way, way, WAY behind on my blogging. OK, OK so she's right.....LOL!! Good thing I have her around to get me in gear on here. It's not that I don't mean to blog I just spend too much time on that darn Facebook. Let me explain my addiction to Facebook.

With Facebook I've been able to reconnect to over 50 of my friends from high school, make new friends, and keep in contact with friends I have now. I can also keep tabs on my kids and their friends and what is going on in their lives. (Not that I don't do that anyway but it's fun to have their friends say HI to me). So that's where I've been spending a lot of my time....I know I need to learn how to spread my time between Facebook and blogging.....and I'm trying. Thanks to Sherrie I'm now updating...so this one's for her.

So you may ask what I've been up to lately? Well I survived drill team season. The Talons took 2nd in Region and 4th in State. We also were awarded the "Best Sportsmanship" at State. Quite an honor considering it is voted on by their peers. That was an exciting award to get. I've also been extremely busy teaching. Starting a new school is no easy task and some days I don't know if I'm up to it but I keep plugging away. With 7 new students in my class at the start of this last term its been a lot but I love it. Also Jacob moved up into my class a couple weeks ago and is doing great. He's keeping up with the other kids and also showing some of them up with how hard he works in class. I wasn't sure if I would like having my own child in my class but he's awesome. He's making friends and the kids love him.

Of course I still have the usual taxi run in the evenings too with Talise in gymnastics and Kaitlyn performing at basketball games for Talons. And you know as difficult as it is sometimes I wouldn't trade it for the world. They grow up way too fast and I don't want to miss a minute of it. Good thing that Branden has his license though for those nights that are close to impossible. He's such an awesome help to me and such a wonderful young man.

Now you know where I've been and what I've been doing. I will try to do better but I can't promise anything....dang life!!! So till the next time Sherrie bugs me...no I'm kidding...till next time....TTFN!!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

THANK YOU LORI!! I know how addicting Facebook can be. It has been really fun for me to get started on that too. BUT I still love reading your blogs.... so keep it up! :) Miss you!

Wendy said...

Thanks for updating your blog. I check it regularly and was getting VERY tired of seeing the same thing week after week. But at least you have one :( Thanks more than I can say!