Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CVHS Christmas Concert



On Thurs. the 18th was the annual CVHS Christmas concert. This concert is amazing in the fact that they involve all the different music auxiliaries in one concert. For the final number they have all 5 choirs, band and orchestra on the stage. It is truly an experience that stays with you. These students do an amazing job and I'm proud to say that my two oldest are very involved in the music department. Branden is in two choirs, Volume Men and A'Capella and Kaitlyn is in Orchestra and Girls Glee. They both love it, and how can you not when you have a great teacher like Mrs. Tawa? She makes it so enjoyable and really instills a love for music and singing in all of her students. In fact Branden has been chosen to be part of the Honor Choir that will be going up to Salt Lake and performing at Abravanel Hall. He also plays guitar and is teaching himself piano, but has recently asked me for some help with that one. He has an awesome ear that I wish I had. And speaking of musical kids Talise is learning to play the cello and is grasping it very well and Jacob looks like he'll be a piano player and then a percussionist. I'm am so lucky to have 4 children that have been blessed with musical talent and do whatever I can to help them develop their talents.

As always here are some pictures to enjoy....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Our high school has just one small band and a choir. I can't imagine having all of those different choirs on top of band AND orchestra. That is really neat. I can imagine that it sounds pretty spectacular when you put them all together.
Love the pictures :)